Sports and Fitness Nutrition
For a sports person, to gain muscles, build strength & achieve better performance, it is extremely important to prepare your body before workout, by giving it all the right nutrients it needs to replenish during workout like fuel is required for your car to run.
Keep in check:
- Hydration: During exercise, You will loss more fluid than you can replace which causes dehydration. Best way to test your level of dehydration is to weigh yourself before working out and during. The difference in weight is the quantity of water you need to get your body to the normal hydration levels. Hydration is extremely important because muscles are 73% water, and water is the vehicle for all the nutrients.
- Proteins: Highest quality protein is the cellular nutrition.
- Never eat food or drink protein supplements immediately after exercise if you are on a weight loss program, because you will gain weight instead of losing.
- Do not get sugary protein drinks because sugar will damage your muscles and will get converted into fat.
- Nutrition: Nutrition is important for athletes because it provides a source of energy required to perform the activity. The food we eat impacts our strength, training, performance and recovery
- Carbohydrates: Athletes should eat about two hours before exercising and this meal should be high in carbohydrates, low in fat and low to moderate in protein. Carbohydrates are the main source of energy that powers your exercise regime and protein is required to aid muscle growth and repair. After exercising you need to replace the carbohydrates you have lost and you need to ensure proper muscle recovery by including protein in your post training meal.
- Energy and Performance: Carbohydrates, protein and healthy fats provide the fuel needed to maintain energy.
- Weight Control: Maintaining a healthy weight is important for an athlete. Include high-fiber vegetables, fruits, whole grains and legumes to get essential nutrients. Lean protein sources and low-fat dairy foods are also recommended.
The proportions of protein and carbohydrates will depend on both the intensity and type of sport you choose, so to get your individual balanced diet or sports nutrition, contact our professional Dietician and Nutritionist @ +917065523000. Our expert dietitians can help athletes or sports person to achieve optimal nutrition in order to meet their performance goals.