Cholesterol and Lipid Disorders
- November 19, 2016
Cholesterol: Two major forms of cholesterol found in your body are:
- High-density lipoprotein (HDL) /Good cholesterol: It has protective effect on your heart. HDL transports harmful cholesterol out of your arteries. Doctors usually recommend that you have a high level of HDL cholesterol.
- Low-density lipoprotein (LDL) / Bad cholesterol: It is made by our body and also absorbed from cholesterol-rich foods such as red meat and dairy products. LDL can combine with other fats and substances, creating blockages in your arteries. This can reduce your blood flow and cause serious heart problems.
A lipid disorder means that you have high levels of either Low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, or elevated levels of fats called Triglycerides. It probably has an increased risk for developing heart disease.
Medical conditions or bad dietary habits can cause high blood cholesterol and high triglycerides.
Include in Diet:
- Eat plenty of whole grains, fruit, and vegetables.
- Participate in regular exercises.
- Avoid Smoking
- Avoid fast food, junk food
- Avoid processed meats.
- Foods that contain saturated fat found in animal-based food products such as: cheese, milk, butter
Join our Diet Clinic in East Delhi and we will help you achieve and maintain the right amount of Cholesterol diet to avoid any health problems . For more details Call/WhatsApp @ +917065523000.